2014: Our Year in Review
We're about to say goodbye to 2014 and we've got to say, we had a pretty amazing year - it had a lot of ups and downs but overall, it was a good one.
We had a big year in many ways, it included building our very own iPad App (self-developed), being in the Independent Newspaper, having the privilege of working with the amazing Alexandra Waespi again and a BIG move back to London from Berlin, which wasn't easy and we miss our wonderful Berlin everyday. Since we have been back Terrible Movement has grown up a whole lot, so although we aren't eating Bee-Sting Cake and delicious €3 Pizza any more, we happy to be back in London. And lets face it, Hackney isn't too metaphorically far from our beloved Kreuzberg.
Anyway - Here are our highlights from 2014, counting down from 10!
10. Having our Mixtape playlist featured in Clash Magazine. These were the songs we made our last collection to and they're still on our regular playlists!
9. Being interviewed for Noctis Magazine - we had a lot to say, not that they published it all but it was nice to be asked. Read it all here.
8. We got to work with THE FABULOUS STAINS this year, an LA based girl gang of awesomeness. We love these gals and everything they stand for and we can't wait to more amazing things with them next year!
7. The up and coming journalist and writer Ava Szajna-Hopgood wrote a few blog posts exclusively for us. We were pretty blown away by them and so were you, in case you need some reminding, you can see what she wrote here.
6. We were worn on MTV - and all our teenage dreams just kinda came true all at once, if we're being honest.
5. We did our very first trade show this year…Pure London. We met some amazing people and learnt a whole lot. We also had a the crazy experience of getting all our samples stuck in a UPS trailer and had to remake everything the before the show opened, which we actually managed to do. The impossible made possible - we're pretty sure we can do anything we set our minds to, now.
4. The amazing GAVLYN has been wearing our tees - if you haven't heard her, well, you gotta hear her! WE HEART HER!
3. We had a our first few real deal fashion features this year too - in Cosmo and in Drapers! WOWSERS!
2. We were also on the cover of Under the Radar Magazine on the incredible Alana Haim and alongside her sisters. More of the the stuff of dreams, really!
1. This one has been our well kept secret for a little while but our number 1 moment of 2014 is…
Boris Miliccia has joined forces with Terrible Movement to design a range for us! He’s a London College of Fashion Graduate who’s worked at Burberry, JensLaugeson, Ann Sofie Back and Alexander McQueen. 2015 is going to be a CRAZY exciting year for us because of this very talented designer. Big things to come.
There have been so many wonderful things that have happened to us, since we started Terrible Movement, we do work really hard and we live, eat, breathe and sleep the brand but the rewards have been so big, and your support and love means so much to us, without you, we really wouldn't be where we are today. We hope you know that and we can't wait to show you more in 2015!
Much love from Hackney,
T & J